Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Learn Spanish in Spain at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
Spanish Language Program in Madrid, Spain.
Quarterly, Summer, Monthly, and Semester Spanish Courses.
The Universidad Complutense de Madrid offers several options for students that want to study abroad in Madrid or learn Spanish in Madrid.
Types of Spanish Courses Offered
- Full Academic Year Spanish Course in Madrid
- Quarterly Spanish Courses in Madrid
- Summer Spanish Courses in Madrid
- Monthly Spanish Courses in Madrid
- Superior Course of Spanish Language and Culture in Madrid
Full Academic Year Spanish Course in Madrid
The Academic Year Spanish course at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid takes place from early October to mid-June.
The Spanish course is divided into quarters. At the end of each quarter, upon successfully passing the quarterly exam, students move to the next level.
Students participating in the Spanish program can choose between several formats, from 12 hours of Spanish classes per week to 20 hours of Spanish classes per week:
Spanish language classes:
- 360 hours (12 hours a week)
- 420 hours (14 hours a week)
- 486 hours (16 hours a week)
- 540 hours (18 hours a week)
- 600 hours (20 hours a week)
Course content includes Spanish Composition, Spanish Conversation, Spanish Grammar, Spanish Pronunciation, Spanish Vocabulary and elective courses in Spanish culture.
Quarterly Spanish Courses at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Quarterly Spanish Courses at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid are divided into Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters:
- Fall: October – December
- Winter: January – March
- Spring: April – June
Quarterly Spanish Courses can be taken in the following formats:
- 120 hours (12 hours a week)
- 140 hours (14 hours a week)
- 160 hours (16 hours a week)
- 180 hours (18 hours a week)
- 200 hours (20 hours a week)
Summer Spanish Courses in Madrid
Summer Spanish Courses at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid are offered in July, August, and September. Each monthly Summer Spanish Course consists of 4 hours of Spanish class per day, from 9am to 1pm Monday through Friday.
- 9:00 h. Spanish grammar I (theory)
- 10:00 h. Spanish grammar II (practice)
- 10:50 h. Break.
- 11:10 h. Spanish reading and writing skills.
- 12:10 h. Spanish listening and speaking skills.
Spanish classes are given at three different levels: beginners Spanish, intermediate Spanish, and advanced Spanish.
After the 4 hours of Spanish classes, optional Spanish lectures are offered covering Spanish Culture, Spanish Art, the History of Spain, and Spanish Literature.
Superior Course of Spanish Language and Culture in Madrid
The Superior Course of Spanish Language and Culture at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid is designed for students that aspire to understand the key components of Spanish culture: Spanish art, Spanish history, Spanish literature, etc.
This Spanish program is divided into three quarters:
- 1st Quarter (Fall Quarter): October – December
- 2nd Quarter (Winter Quarter): January – March
- 3rd Quarter (Spring Quarter): April – June
The only requirement that the student must meet is that he/she have an intermediate to upper-intermediate level of Spanish.
The Spanish culture classes are given in the mornings, from Monday to Friday. Spanish language classes consist of grammar and practical modules and are given afternoons in two weekly sessions of 2 hours. Students select four Spanish subjects each quarter from the following Spanish classes:
- Spanish Language
- Spanish Literature and Language Teaching
- Spanish History
- Spanish History of Art
- Spanish Culture
- Spanish for Business
Students take an exam at the end of each quarter.
Students that complete all three quarters can obtain the Diploma in Spanish Studies.