|Program Name:||Spanish Language & Culture – Intensive May – June Program|
|School:||University of Oviedo|
|Term:||Summer (1 Aug. to 29 Aug.)|
|Cost:||€ 885 /*|
|Housing||€ 600 /* per mo. homestay|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Eligibility:||Open Enrollment: No min GPA req’d, must have high school diploma; min age 18|
The University of Oviedo offers Spanish Summer Courses that enable students to combine the learning of the language and the culture with a wide range of cultural and leisure activities, all included in the enrolment fee.
The University of Oviedo summer courses boast a team of motivated, highly experienced, specialized teachers. The courses include 20 hours of classes per week complemented by a wide-ranging programme of cultural activities and excursions to places of historical interest in Asturias, León and Cantabria. Classes are given in the Campus of “El Milán” of the University of Oviedo.
Extra-curricular activities: Two weekend trips to geographically and culturally outstanding sites within the Principality of Asturias and a traditional “Espicha” welcome reception. 10 hours.
The course includes activities.
Tution – € 885 / *.
The fee covers the tuition fee for the Spanish course.
Housing – € 600 / * per mo.
Accommodation in a Spanish homestay costs € 600/mo.
150 hours (100 class hours, 40 of self-study work and 10 hours of additional educational and cultural activities).The courses include 20 hours of classes per week complemented by a wide-ranging programme of cultural activities and excursions to places of historical interest in Asturias, León and Cantabria. Classes are given in the Campus of “El Milán” of the University of Oviedo.
Subject offered include:
- Spanish Language. Communicative grammer.
- Vocabulary and creative writing workshop.
Both subjects add a total of 75 hours for the May-June course and 60 for the July and August courses.
Levels: Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced.
- Conversation on topics related to Spanish culture. (Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced Levels). 25 hours for the May-June course and 20 for the July and August courses.
- Spanish for Business (Advanced Level). 25 hours for the May-June course and 20 for the July and August courses.
- Spanish and Latin American Literature (Intermediate and Advanced Levels). 10 hours only in July and August.
- Spanish History and Art (Intermediate and Advanced Levels). 10 hours only in July and August.
Housing / Accommodation
The University of Oviedo facilitates accommodation with families in order to foster a greater degree of student integration and to provide them with the chance to practice our language and become acquainted with our culture. The allocation of accommodation is a service that the University of Oviedo Spanish Courses provide free of charge, with no kind of contractual relation being established with either the families or the students. At the end of the course, students will be given the opportunity to fill out a survey and score the treatment they received from the family.
Eligibility / How to Enroll
There is no minimum required GPA. Recommendation letters are not required. The minimum age for enrollment is 18.
Minimum required age for enrollment is 18 years old (students may enroll if they are 17 and turn 18 during the academic year).
To pre-register and enroll, present or send by mail or fax up to 30 days before the start of the courses the following documentation:
- The registration documentation with the options you have chosen and, if applicable, the type of accommodation desired.
- A photocopy of the passport or ID.
- 2 small ID-sized photos.
- Bank receipt of the deposit or transference of the advanced payment (€200) to the account of the Courses.
- The fees that give access to the course will be paid via bank transference, free of charge and services commissions (to the student), indicating the name of the applicant:
CajAstur, IBAN: ES52 2048 0000 2 1 3400152827
(CÓDIGO SWIFT: CECAESMM048)
To: Universidad de Oviedo, CIF Q-3318001-I
Concept: Cursos de Español para Extranjeros
For more information on the pre-registration and the enrollment, you may contact: