|Program Name:||Spanish Language & Culture|
|School:||University of Oviedo|
|Term:||Fall (2 Oct. – 15 Dec.)|
|Cost:||€ 1,145 /*|
|Housing||€ 600 /* per mo. homestay|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Eligibility:||Open Enrollment: No min GPA req’d, must have high school diploma; min age 18|
In the Spanish Language and Culture Courses, students will be able to choose up to five subjects out of nine, all of them taught by specialists, based on topics such as written communication, vocabulary, oral communication, Spanish literature, Hispanoamerican literature and culture, Spanish history and art.
The course includes activities.
University services are also included: Sports Service, The University Library, Video Library, Internet and E-mail, and housing placement.
Two courses are organised throughout the year: one from October to December and another from January to May.
Tution – € 1,140/ * per semester.
The cost covers the tution for the semester in Oviedo (5 month Spanish language program in Spain).
Housing – € 600 / * per mo.
Accommodation in a Spanish homestay costs € 600/mo.
5 language levels: Elementary Spanish (A1), Intermediate Spanish I (A2) & Intermediate Spanish II (B1), Advanced Spanish I (B2) & Advanced Spanish II (C1).
Classes are held in the morning, from Monday to Friday.
295 hours (205 class hours and 90 hours of self-study).
Subject offered include:
- Spanish Language: expression and written interaction
- Spanish Language: specialized vocabulary and commentary on texts
- Spanish Language: oral expression
- Spanish Literature
- History of Spain
- Spanish Art
- Translation: English – Spanish
- Latin American Cutlure: liliterature, history and civilization (advanced Spanish students)
- Spanish Cine (advanced Spanish students)
Housing / Accommodation
The University of Oviedo facilitates accommodation with families in order to foster a greater degree of student integration and to provide them with the chance to practice our language and become acquainted with our culture. The allocation of accommodation is a service that the University of Oviedo Spanish Courses provide free of charge, with no kind of contractual relation being established with either the families or the students. At the end of the course, students will be given the opportunity to fill out a survey and score the treatment they received from the family.
Eligibility / How to Enroll
There is no minimum required GPA. Recommendation letters are not required. The minimum age for enrollment is 18.
Minimum required age for enrollment is 18 years old (students may enroll if they are 17 and turn 18 during the academic year).
To pre-register and enroll, present or send by mail or fax up to 30 days before the start of the courses the following documentation:
- The registration documentation with the options you have chosen and, if applicable, the type of accommodation desired.
- A photocopy of the passport or ID.
- 2 small ID-sized photos.
- Bank receipt of the deposit or transference of the advanced payment (€200) to the account of the Courses.
- The fees that give access to the course will be paid via bank transference, free of charge and services commissions (to the student), indicating the name of the applicant:
CajAstur, IBAN: ES52 2048 0000 2 1 3400152827
(CÓDIGO SWIFT: CECAESMM048)
To: Universidad de Oviedo, CIF Q-3318001-I
Concept: Cursos de Español para Extranjeros
For more information on the pre-registration and the enrollment, you may contact: